[BOOKS] ⚦ Song of Songs By Beverley Hughesdon – Dailytradenews.co.uk

10 thoughts on “Song of Songs

Don t read this book if you are already feeling blue The depths of despair this story of a woman s systematic physical, emotional, and spiritual breakdown due to the impact of war and its aftermath, will surely put you over the edge if you are already fragile I cried pretty much every chapter from the beginning of World War I and way beyond, which was somehow worse The writing is fantastic, the characterization of the first person protagonist so palpable that you are literally experiencing every emotion, stress, and imbalance I don t normally go for books with so much death, tragedy and horror but I went into it blind and once I got started, there was no way I could put it down I want to read her other books and I am crossing my fingers that they won t be as dark otherwise I may have to ration them to one per decade so I don t completely lose my mind.

one of my all time top 10 A sweeping saga that has the power to reduce a reader to tears Slightly old fashioned writing style which suits the story and evokes the atmosphere and culture of a bygone era If you enjoy good quality historical novels, this is one to buy although you may have to search hard, I think it s out of print now I have re read this book at least 5 times, and it s always hard to put down.

I read this book when I was a teenager I was totally drawn in by the storyline, the historical setting and finally the slightly erotic romance I read it twice, then the book went missing I suspect my Mother sent it off to Vinnies I remembered this story for years, but could not find it even after doing some google searches for the title FINALLY I came across it a week ago and promptly purchased it and started reading it the day it arrived I loved it Every page of it It transports me back into time, I laugh, I cry lots and I love the steamy bits.Best romance novel I have ever read The novel tells the story of Helena, a girl from a wealthy aristocratic family in England It spans from her childhood, showing her love and devotion of her brothers, through her time as a nurse in World War 1 and into her marriage to a commoner, Ben Holden.

An engrossing story about the First World War and it s aftermath.

I don t know what it is about this book that I like it so much, but I do Read it numerous times and it still always hits the right spot when I m need of a bit quick fix of romantic saga

A disappointing Edwardian saga, Song of Songs had much unfulfilled potential Lady Helena Girvan is a child of privilege in 1890s England who becomes a war nurse after fiance departs for the battlefield, and the bulk of the novel is how her war experiences affect her life after the armistice The writing is choppy, especially in the beginning, and the pacing is off Far less romantic than a typical family saga, Helena makes some dubious choices and her naivete does not ring true in places The best scenes are those with her beloved younger twin brothers and some of the battlefield nursing sequences The first person narration and the sudden change in tone for the last third of the book are also problematic Readers looking for a definitive historical novel set in this era should choose Penny Vincenzi s extraordinary Lytton family series No Angel, etc instead, which covers similar themes with top notch characterization and plotting.

Before there was Downton Abbey there was this novel There are many parallels in the stories, but think of Sybil and her chauffeur for the story line in this novel.This novel sparked my interest in WWI, the brave nurses and soldiers who were wounded and saved on the Western front.I read this novel than 20 years ago on a drive back to Virginia from Massachusetts I could not put it down, reading it into the dark and trying to read by the lights on the highway After the all night drive I wanted to stay up and read , but made myself go to bed A wonderful novel with a hopeful ending.

What a wonderful book this is it sat in my TBR pile for ages and I wish I had read it a long time ago A great read terrific story A must read.Back Cover Blurb At the heart of this stunning novel is Helena, an unforgettable heroine born into a magical Edwardian childhood Her idyll is shattered by the outbreak of war her illusions destroyed by the horrors she sees nursing the wounded of the trenches But peacetime will bring another kind of despair an unequal marriage, triggered by sexual passion, fuelled by an irresistible erotic love.

i have already read this book but am looking forward to reading it again and reading it as a woman rather than a teenager which i was when i first stumbled upon it

synopsis lady helena grows up in a family of wealth and privilege, with benign neglect being shown to her by her parents she is actually raised by governess and nurse as she grows older, she learns that her parents have their separate lives and are only together for convenience sake she meets someone when she is 17, and believes him to be a god among men they become engaged, even though everyone else knows that he has a fondness for men instead of women when he is killed during wwI, helena decides to sign up for nursing she is posted to the front and no one there knows that she is the daughter of an earl she lives through many atrocities, the death of one of her brothers and the almost death of another she meets ben, a man of low birth while he s convalescing, and he forms a tendre for her when the war is over and helena is back in england, her sole focus is taking care of her brother when the time comes, she puts her brother out of his misery because the doctor isn t there and has a mental breakdown ben is the only one who sees it, and marries her while she is recovering helena feels nothing for him because she is still in love with her gay dead fiance, and it gets to the point where he is alive and ben is keeping them apart in her mind.what i liked in spite of my rather sardonic summing up, i really liked the writing style and the hero and heroine a lot happened, but it covered a lot of years the descriptions of the war, especially were vivid i liked that ben wasn t content to just be, that he wanted to be , and work toward that goal.what i didn t like that helena was so clueless about her dead fiance and that she had such a hard time accepting ben, when he was the only one who was there for her.

Song of Songs summary pdf Song of Songs, summary chapter 2 Song of Songs, sparknotes Song of Songs, Song of Songs c7490dd Best Book, Song Of Songs By Beverley Hughesdon This Is Very Good And Becomes The Main Topic To Read, The Readers Are Very Takjup And Always Take Inspiration From The Contents Of The Book Song Of Songs, Essay By Beverley Hughesdon Is Now On Our Website And You Can Download It By Register What Are You Waiting For Please Read And Make A Refission For You

• Hardcover
  • 490 pages
  • Song of Songs
  • Beverley Hughesdon
  • English
  • 04 March 2019
  • 9780446515436

About the Author: Beverley Hughesdon

Is a well-known author, some of his books are a fascination for readers like in the Song of Songs book, this is one of the most wanted Beverley Hughesdon author readers around the world.