[BOOKS] ✸ The Bourne Ultimatum Author Robert Ludlum – Dailytradenews.co.uk

The Bourne Ultimatum pdf The Bourne Ultimatum, ebook The Bourne Ultimatum, epub The Bourne Ultimatum, doc The Bourne Ultimatum, e-pub The Bourne Ultimatum, The Bourne Ultimatum c6051281fbe The World S Two Deadliest Spies In The Ultimate Showdown At A Small Town Carnival Two Men, Each Mysteriously Summoned By Telegram, Witness A Bizarre Killing The Telegrams Are Signed Jason Bourne Only They Know Bourne S True Identity And Understand The Telegram Is Really A Message From Bourne S Mortal Enemy, Carlos, Known Also As The Jackal, The World S Deadliest And Most Elusive Terrorist And Further, They Know That The Jackal Wants A Final Confrontation With BourneNow David Webb, Professor Of Oriental Studies, Husband, And Father, Must Do What He Hoped He Would Never Have To Do Again Assume The Terrible Identity Of Jason Bourne His Plan Is Simple To Infiltrate The Politically And Economically Medusan Group And Use Himself As Bait To Lure The Cunning Jackal Into A Deadly Trap A Trap From Which Only One Of Them Will Escape

10 thoughts on “The Bourne Ultimatum

After three grueling months I finally finished reading this book You may ask yourself If it was so grueling, why did he finish it at all Good question After reading the first two books in the Bourne trilogy, I felt compelled to finally see the final confrontation between Jason Bourne and Carlos the Jackal Now I will admit that The Bourne Ultimatum was not nearly as boring and convoluted as its predecessor, The Bourne Supremacy However, I m fairly certain that Robert Ludlum took a class on writing ridiculously bad exposition dialogue before completing the series The characters never say anything the least bit natural or believable in the entire book, and every conversation seems to include one character saying to another, I m not following you , after which the speaker tediously explains their prior explanation about unexplained government conspiracies in an inexplicable fashion Hey Robert if your characters need the dialogue re explained so that your reader will have the slightest clue what the hell s going onmaybe it s time to write better Of course, Ludlum s dead, so we know he can t read this Just like I could barely read his book If the book had been about 400 pages shorter, it would have at least been fast paced and fun, but at over 660 pages, it was incredibly overblown and repetitive It s a real shame, because I loved The Bourne Identity Without the mystery of who Jason Bourne is and why he knows how to be such an amazing super spy, there s nothing to draw you into the story Stay away unless you are a hard core Ludlum or spy thriller fan.

The third and last by Ludlum entry in the story of Jason Bourne If your only exposure to Bourne are the Matt Damon movies, then you don t really have an idea of the story This as these cases usually do ruined any enjoyment of the movie for me I always wonder why bother to buy an authors title and then write a screen play that doesn t even resemble the novel Oh well, nothing I can do.My suggestion Get the first book and read all three They may not be the best Ludlum ever wrote, but they are outstanding novels, and in my opinion far better then the recent movies.

The first few Bourne books were page turning, barn burners This is probably the last one I read as I was getting Bourne burnout, but it was still a great read.

What can I say It was intense a little too intense for me By about the middle of the book, I wanted to shoot Carlos myself just so that the insanity would end The plot in this book seems even complex than in the other two and is impossible to comprehend Nevertheless, I cared about Jason Bourne enough as a character to stick out the whole grueling story with him, but I felt almost as beat up and emotionally raw as he did by the time it was over Overall, not a pleasant reading experience, but if you re a die hard Bourne fan, you can t really pass this one up.

I love the book than the movie

As the Ludlum portion of the Bourne series comes to an end with this book, I must say that this is surely a very thick in all its senses book, filled with great nuances Completing the original trilogy at a time when spy games were all about actual deception and sleight of hand rather than technology and the information highway makes these books stand out for me That said, Ludlum is, as he is accused of being, overly verbose in some areas and really could have watered down the description and yet still come out with a great book While Bourne comes up against his greatest nemesis yet the famed Carlos the Jackal , the book has the reader traipsing all over the place to ensure the Bourne family is safe and then hunting the Jackal until he can be found The excitement near the end made up for sections of very slow reading and kept me from putting it down While I admire Ludlum for his creativity, it was, at times, a little too much.Ludlum s classics do portray Jason Bourne David Webb in a certain way that will surely be hard to replicate in an era when technology is the key to the game Eric Lustbader, the author who has taken over the series, will surely be placed in some large shoes and it is now up to the reader to determine how well they are filled That said, if we are to be realistic here, Bourne was around 50 years old when this book took place set in 1990 , so he is surely aging over that time I suppose we shall see if the reader must suspend reality and allow Bourne not to age over the 14 year hiatus, or whether Lustbader will pick up in the early 1990s, surely harder to do, with technology being what it is in the espionage game these days.One small thing I must mention in this book, being a proud Canadian I picked up on Ludlum s continual use of Mrs Webb Marie in all three books as being part of the Canadian Government She is, in Book 1, from Ontario and lived on a farm In Book 2, she magically was growing up in the farming communities of Saskatchewan, yet was still a Francophone Those who know their Canadian, even Prairies geography, will see the issue Then, in this book, we are back to tossing hay in Ontario Keep those things clear, as there is surely a group of us who can tell and do pay attention.I must admit the use of numerous languages does bring the book alive The French is accurate and I can only assume that the German and Russian is also up to par Makes the reader feel as though we are actually IN these places that are being discussed There, my asides are complete.Kudos Mr Ludlum and thank you for setting the foundation for a great series I do wonder if Lustbader will Hollywood ise your work from now on That said, I am eager to dive in to see how the post Ludlum Bourne Webb holds up

In this third of the Bourne Trilogy, there is the ultimate showdown between two spies Both of these spies are given telegrams to go to a carnival in a small town Each of them witness a terrible murder.One of the men given a telegram in David Webb, a professor in the northeast USA He is a husband and a father, and must now do what he wishes he d never have to do again become Jason Bourne, a known terrorist and assassin.The other is Carlos, known as the Jackal, who is an international assassin himself.To make sure the real baddie is trapped and brought to justice, the real goodie must make himself available to a group called the Medusans.This book is a great read but i believe the Bourne identity was the best in the trilogy and this is not that great but still worth reading and of course if you started the series you got to read this one Its mandatory

To be honest I was disappointed with this one I felt like finishing it and the original trilogy was an obligation after only a few pages.The dialogue is ridiculous nobody and while I m not familiar with American government institutions and their employees I m pretty sure this covers them too speaks in such a manner Every conversation is overly convoluted and then as if for the sake of an uneducated audience explained again as part of the same dialogue Not only that but the way in which the characters speak to eachother with regard to their feelings toward the other. I used the word ridiculous already but it applies.The plot isn t too bad It s actually something that could make a really good novel revenge mixed in with international conspiracy and psychological trauma was, indeed, the stuff that made the first two novels bloody good reads However, when you mix in the poor dialogue and easy fixes seriously, everything that could be a problem from CIA equipment, millions of dollars in funds, incognito international travel, is so easily sorted out and available it just lacks anything resembling substance The Bourne character really the only reason I stuck with it to see it s original conclusion has sadly become a poor imitation of itself in this book Predictable, trite and, frankly, a bit of a let down A shame, a real shame.

Again, these books bear almost no resemblance to the movies which I still like But these books are far superior to the movies Ludlum keeps the stress of the external and internal conflicts high throughout the books Book 3 I think did a better job with characterization than with 1 2, and it contained humor than before Highly recommend.

Best of the trilogy.