[Reading] ➯ The Colton Marine ➷ Lisa Childs – Dailytradenews.co.uk

• 288 pages
  • The Colton Marine
  • Lisa Childs
  • 01 February 2017
  • 9780373402175

10 thoughts on “The Colton Marine

When reading this book I got the nagging sense that I am missing a coupling things and after Reading it found out that I was reading the 5th book in the series Oops It did good as a stand alone but I think It would ve been a whole lot better reading experience if I read the previous books That being said I thought that this was a really good mystery book I loved getting to see Ediths character, she really was a hard working stubborn women I loved getting to know their back stories which made their characters even interesting I loved the spark between the two main characters I loved that not only did I get the the two main characters POV but the mystery intruders thoughts as well made it creepy seeing that view I loved that there was plenty going on in this book o keep things interesting and overall it was a really enjoyable book, Thinking about getting the previous books to see what happened before.

Good book In Pregnant by the Colton Cowboy River discovered that the man he thought is his father isn t, leaving him with questions about who he is Determined to find answers, he s sure that his family s former home holds the answers All he has to do is find a way inside so that he can search When the house is sold, he talks the new owner s representative into letting him help with the renovations.Edith has worked for her real estate mogul boss and friend for years She s not certain why he s so determined to have this property considering how much work it will be to fix it up, and why he insists on so much secrecy Because of that, she is suspicious of River s presence on the property at first but quickly takes him up on his offer to help.Good mix of suspense and romance right from the start There were multiple things going on that kept interest and tension high Throughout the series, Livia Colton has succeeded in avoiding recapture There have been sightings and suspected activities, but her evasion continues More and of her crimes have been exposed Edith s arrival at the property begins another intense episode Edith s introduction to the house her employer has purchased began with a frightening experience that set the stage for the entire book, highlighting her dedication to her job and her stubborn independence River is equally stubborn in his desire to find answers, and later in his determination to protect Edith Edith s employer adds another layer of mystery as his reasons for buying the mansion are slowly revealed Last, but not least, is the mysterious watcher who is so intent on keeping people out of the house.I loved River s protectiveness as he responded first to Edith s scream, and throughout the book as the attacks continued to escalate There is no doubt about the chemistry between him and Edith, though both have issues that make them reluctant to give in Edith has problems with trust and believing that love really exists She is suspicious of River at first but gradually comes to trust him River is haunted by things that happened on deployment, plagued by guilt that he hadn t done enough to keep his men safe He also believes that no one would want him now because of his scars I loved seeing the two of them grow closer as they worked together on the house I ached a bit for River, whose insecurities were aggravated by his jealousy over what he thought was the relationship between Edith and Declan I also hurt for Edith, whose fears caused her to push River away when she really wanted to keep him close The revelations of both Declan s and River s motivations felt like a betrayal to her It took some hard won honesty to finally put the past to rest and let River and Edith look to a future together.The suspense of the intruder was very well done, with their point of view adding another layer of intensity I could feel Edith s unease at the way she felt she was being watched, especially knowing that she really was The escalating nature of the attacks increased the feeling of danger and kept me on the edge of my seat The end confrontation was intense but left some things unresolved for the next book.I enjoyed seeing other members of the family as they made appearances in this story I especially enjoyed seeing of Knox and his contemplation of a future job Mac was also a big part of this book, as he and Edith take steps to repair their relationship We also see of Jade, who is now the only unattached Colton She is convinced that Livia is after her and the fear makes a huge impact on her life I m looking forward to her story.

I had not read the other books and I was able to follow this one very well The underlying story in the series is that their mom is missing and she is wanted by the FBI for murder There was also enough storyline around the other siblings that would make you want to purchase those stories also.Definitely some revelations happened in the book and Edith and River try to fight their attraction to each other Edith has a mysterious boss who becomes a little known in this book A bonus was that I love the cover Sexual content one physical scene, chemistry throughoutViolence nothing disturbing, accidents, held at gunpointLanguage D mn 51 times, b tch 3, nothing strongeralcohol drug no drugs, might have been drinking, nothing noticeable.

I really love a good romantic suspense novel and this one is well worth the wait The Colton Marine is the fifth book in The Colton s of Shadow Creek Series and is the best one so far I really love how the stores have evolved and grown in this series I was drawn in from the first page and even with each chapter I read Childs creates a magically romantic novel with a touch of suspense that will leave you wanting to know I found this to be an outstanding read that I could not put down I received an advanced readers copy in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.

I read several of the previous books and by far I think I liked this one the best I liked River Edith They had great chemistry and I liked that we got a bit new revelations to this ongoing saga This is a must read and I can t wait for the next one.

A quick romance River doesn t know how to get into the old house that his mother abandoned until Edith comes along and starts fixing it up for her boss But then Edith finds out he was just suing her to get into the house Can they make up and can Edith s boss forgive the Coltons for his life

Really GoodI can t wait to read the last book in this series.This is a have you sitting on the edge of your seat,Trying not to jump out of your skin story.

Don t want to wait for next book soon

The Colton Marine characters The Colton Marine , audiobook The Colton Marine , files book The Colton Marine , today The Colton Marine , The Colton Marine 2bf6b A Troubled Hero Returns Home To A Family Nightmare In This Thrilling Coltons Of Shadow Creek Tale Hired To Renovate His Family S Former Mansion, River Colton Hopes To Find Answers To His Deepest Questions Plagued By Memories Of His Fugitive Mother, The Ex Marine Finds Danger To His Life In The Estate S Secret Chambers And Danger To His Heart In Edith Beaulieu, Its Beautiful New GuardianBut Someone Doesn T Want Edith Or River In The Seemingly Haunted House When Edith Falls Victim To Too Many Accidents And Falls Hard For River The Texas Loner Risks Everything To Protect Her If The Ghosts Of Coltons Past Lurk In The Shadows, It S Up To Edith And River Hunt Them Down

About the Author: Lisa Childs

See this thread for information. Lisa Childs was born on 31 October, a Halloween birthday predestined her to a life of writing suspense Born soft spoken into a big, boisterous family where only he who speaks loudest is heard, she learned early to express herself through the written word She has been writing since she could first form sentences and transfer them to paper with crayon Her first books revolved around the antics of the family dog until she discovered Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys Then writing mysteries became second nature for her At 11 she won her first writing award and was interviewed by the local newspaper That story s plot revolved around a kidnapping, probably something she wished on any of her six siblings.Lisa lives in Michigan, with a husband who provides loving support with praise and extra housecleaning duty, and two beautiful daughters who share her love of the written word During the day she is a part time insurance agent and full time wife and mother When night falls and fog from their 15 acre swamp wraps around their house, she becomes the focused writer, spinning stories she hopes her readers will enjoy She enjoys the mix of suspense and romance Readers are welcome to contact Lisa at PO Box 139, Marne, MI 49435.