✈ [PDF / Epub] ✅ A Life of Being, Having, and Doing Enough By Wayne Muller ✸ – Dailytradenews.co.uk

A Life of Being, Having, and Doing Enough summary A Life of Being, Having, and Doing Enough , series A Life of Being, Having, and Doing Enough , book A Life of Being, Having, and Doing Enough , pdf A Life of Being, Having, and Doing Enough , A Life of Being, Having, and Doing Enough b59afeb80a From The Moment We Are Born, We Are Seekers Our Culture Obsessively Promotes The Pursuit Of Money, Success And Self Improvement At The End Of Each Activity Jammed Day, Though, We Collapse Into Bed Discouraged By Everything We Have Not Checked Off On Our To Do Lists, In Despair That Whatever We Have Accomplished Is Never Enough Worse Still, When Our Dreams Become Derailed By The Inherent Tragedies Of Life Job Loss, Financial Peril, Sickness, Or The Death Of A Loved One We Feel Devastated By The Pain And Injustice Of It All Nationally Renowned Author, Therapist, And Minister Wayne Muller Offers Healing For The Perpetually Stressed In A Life Of Being, Having, And Doing Enough By Learning Compassion And Mercy For Ourselves And By Recognizing What Is Most Profoundly True About Who We Are And What We Need, We Can Gain The Self Acceptance So That Whatever We Choose To Do, In This Moment, It Is Wholly Enough Muller Mixes The Writings Of Great Spiritual And Political Leaders With Inspirational Anecdotes From His Own Life, Inviting Us To Derive Satisfaction From Less And Pull Gratitude Out Of The Ashes Of Grief The Answer To What He Describes As Authentic Happiness Lies Not In Seeing The Glass As Half Full Instead Of Half Empty In Reality, He Writes, The Glass Is Always Half Full And Half Empty The World Is Neither Broken Nor Whole, But Eternally Engaged In Rhythms Between Joy And Sorrow With Muller S Guidance, We May Find Ourselves On The Most Courageous Spiritual Pilgrimage Of Our Lives

10 thoughts on “A Life of Being, Having, and Doing Enough

I absolutely loved this book Wish I could give a copy to every one I know To get the full effect, it should be read slowly and thoughtfully because it is truly a conversation with the author someone I would love to count as a friend

I loved this book I kept it by my bedside and read one of the short chapters each night as a meditation.

The rating reflects the fact that I have read a lot of books quite similar to this so it felt like a review rather than challenging or stimulating new insights My women s group struggled with The Power of Now together 15 years ago, and I read The Wounded Healer like 35 years ago Both books were referenced in this book or in reviews However, if you are new to thinking outside the box about your spirituality, this would be a good primer Without a doubt, for me, Wayne Muller s best work is in How, Then, Shall We Live The topics are always current, and come with end of chapter questions to ponder or use in small group discussions None of that was here except for a bibliography at the end.

This book is a great pause button for anyone with a hectic lifestyle meaning all human beings Everyone I m positive feels overwhelmed by LIFE like I do often times, so this book was a nice reminder to step back, appreciate the small and good things of the world, and strive to live one moment at a time I will say that he draws a lot from religious and spiritual texts and authorities, so if that s not your thing, a heads up to ya.

This book is the multi level marketing version of As Man Thinketh This is a book fulled with five dollar words when a few fifty cent ones would ve sufficed This is the story of someone who thinks he re invented Buddhism and presents it with the same gravitas as r im14andthisisdeep.Move along, everyone There are better books on the same topics to be read.

I am generally leery of self help books as the wisdom they dispense can come across as shallow and hokey, but I thought this book made some very valid points explained in a way that was neither shallow nor too cheesy it was a little hippy dippy, it is a self help book after all.

This book was very inspiring and a great reset going into a new year.

There are so many beautiful truths in this book I wanted to share every one of them It might be easier for you to just read the book.There were many tough parts for me He talks a lot about the heartbreak we will face in this life He kept coming back to how will we respond in those moments Our responses to the heartbreak and the joys create the life we live Although I liked this book a lot, I don t think it was titled appropriately I was expecting something different.

It was tough for me to get into this book at first Once I got a feeling for it though, I could see its value Culturally, we are often the opposite of living , being and doing enough Or somehow inside ourselves we feel we must do it all now and always The author encourages us to think of the next right thing and to think about sufficiency We don t have to do it all.

It s a little redundant Same message over and over Simple ideas, easy to read, pleasant and inspirational enough, but did not nourish me or fulfill me as I m sure the author had hoped for his readers It s not bad, but it s only so good.