➹ [Read] ➵ Loving Emily By Anne Pfeffer ➼ – Dailytradenews.co.uk

Loving Emily files Loving Emily, read online Loving Emily, free Loving Emily, free Loving Emily, Loving Emily 571d133ec I Look At My Hands, Wondering If Michael S Here In The Gym, Watching Us Knowing Him, He D Probably Be Up To No GoodA Strange Thought Passes Through My Head I Could Just See Michael S Ghost Pranking His Own Moment Of Silence I Almost Tense Up, Expecting Firecrackers To Go Off At Any Minute So Thinks Ryan Mills, As He Grieves For His Best Friend MichaelAny Other Night, Ryan Would Have Driven Michael To Emily S Sweet Sixteen Party At The Breakers Club Instead, Determined To Win Over The Birthday Girl, He Goes To The Party Early And Alone, Setting Off A Chain Of Events That Ends With A Car Accident In Which Michael DiesRyan Blames Himself For What Happened To Michael As Far As He S Concerned, He Doesn T Deserve To Have Love Or Ever Be Happy Again Then He Learns Michael Left A Secret Behind Ryan Feels Compelled To Take On His Friend S Unfinished Business, And In The Process, Changes His Life Forever And Becomes A ManThis Book Was Published In October Under The Title Loving Emily In May , It Was Reissued With Its Content Unchanged As Any Other Night A NOTE ABOUT CONTENT In This Book, Some Characters Use Profanity, Engage In Nonexplicit Sexual Activity, Or Take Illegal Drugs

10 thoughts on “Loving Emily

Leaving his best friend Michael alone at the birthday party of his crush Emily to go and talk to her, Ryan has no idea what s about to happen When he gets home he finds out that Michael never made it that far instead he died in a car accident Ryan is haunted with guilt, made worse by the fact that Michael wanted to tell him something just before he walked away The secret is shocking than he could have imagined and Ryan determines to do the right thing by Michael and take on the responsibility that came with it.On the face of it, this book looks like it s just about Ryan s attempt to get Emily to fall as in love with him as he is with her This perception was certainly stronger when the book was titled Loving Emily But like so many other readers, I find the new title so much apt, because this book is about far than just their relationship It s about love, loss, building new relationships with people, guilt, surviving and moving on It takes a complex issue and deals with it exceptionally well, and this made it a very compelling read.Ryan is surprisingly mature for a sixteen year old boy, even before he finds out what Michael got himself into I really appreciated reading from his perspective He comes from a wealthy background, but he s much down to earth than you might expect, and his character goes through a lot of growth He feels guilty about his best friend s death even though it wasn t his fault, and this helps drive his actions But apart from that, he s a genuinely good guy who wants to help out and doesn t like shirking responsibility he doesn t seem to mind taking on something that had nothing to do with him in the first place and he becomes a really admirable character His attempts to reconnect with his parents despite their obliviousness and continual absence was moving Emily was a likeable character and, although not as strong as Ryan, I could still see where she was coming from.Despite a possibly unremarkable appearance, Any Other Night, once you open it, reveals itself to be a complex, emotional story that refuses to let go It s always wonderful being unexpectedly surprised like that, and I m definitely glad I finally got the opportunity to read it I look forward to seeing what else Anne Pfeffer comes up with This review is also posted on my blog.

This book has been reissued as Any Other Night Well, this book seriously took me by surprise It wasn t anything like I expected it to be but I don t mean that in a bad way I figured it would be a light and easy romance but it was way deeper than that Loving Emily tackles many difficult issues and it tackles them well I really regretted starting it late at night because it meant I couldn t sit and read it until I finished Pfeffer had my attention caught from the very first page and it was so hard to set this book down as I got so invested in the characters and the story.Loving Emily is told from the point of view of a teenage boy, Ryan Even this was refreshing and done well I find that 99% of the books I read are from a girl s point of view because usually, the ones told by a guy are full of action and not the kind of book I d usually pick up So it was nice to have a boy talking about every day life and realistic problems Ryan loses his best friend, Michael, in a car accident and blames himself for not being able to stop it This book follows Ryan s journey through his grief We see him trying to come to terms with losing friend while trying to make up for what he sees as his failures.While the relationship between Emily and Ryan is intense and central to the story, it s not overpowering and there is a lot going on in the book than just that Ryan gets caught up with some serious business involving a girl who Michael used to be with From this we see how genuinely nice Ryan is and how committed he is to always trying to do the right thing While he tells himself he s just doing it all out of guilt, you can tell he s truly interested in just helping out and hates to let people down I really liked that about him and found him to be a likable protagonists and very easy to relate to feel sympathy for.I didn t find Emily as likable for a lot of the book but as it goes on, we learn about her and see why she acts the way she does Ryan and Emily really don t know what they re doing in life and it s interesting watching them try to navigate their way through a whole bunch of crazy situations I loved the writing in this book It flows well and Ryan s voice is so distinct and believable It s very easy to get caught up in the story and the emotions of the characters I also don t think I saw any formatting or typing errors which is always a plus Overall, reading Loving Emily was an enjoyable and unpredictable experience I would certainly recommend it to fans of contemporary YA novels and I can t wait to see what else this author has to offer in the future.

This is the same book as Loving Emily, just reissued with a new cover and title This is my original review Well, this book seriously took me by surprise It wasn t anything like I expected it to be but I don t mean that in a bad way I figured it would be a light and easy romance but it was way deeper than that Any Other Night tackles many difficult issues and it tackles them well I really regretted starting it late at night because it meant I couldn t sit and read it until I finished Pfeffer had my attention caught from the very first page and it was so hard to set this book down as I got so invested in the characters and the story.Any Other Night is told from the point of view of a teenage boy, Ryan Even this was refreshing and done well I find that 99% of the books I read are from a girl s point of view because usually, the ones told by a guy are full of action and not the kind of book I d usually pick up So it was nice to have a boy talking about every day life and realistic problems Ryan loses his best friend, Michael, in a car accident and blames himself for not being able to stop it This book follows Ryan s journey through his grief We see him trying to come to terms with losing friend while trying to make up for what he sees as his failures.While the relationship between Emily and Ryan is intense and central to the story, it s not overpowering and there is a lot going on in the book than just that Ryan gets caught up with some serious business involving a girl who Michael used to be with From this we see how genuinely nice Ryan is and how committed he is to always trying to do the right thing While he tells himself he s just doing it all out of guilt, you can tell he s truly interested in just helping out and hates to let people down I really liked that about him and found him to be a likable protagonist and very easy to relate to and feel sympathy for.I didn t find Emily as likable for a lot of the book but as it goes on, we learn about her and see why she acts the way she does Ryan and Emily really don t know what they re doing in life and it s interesting watching them try to navigate their way through a whole bunch of crazy situations I loved the writing in this book It flows well and Ryan s voice is so distinct and believable It s very easy to get caught up in the story and the emotions of the characters I also don t think I saw any formatting or typing errors which is always a plus Overall, reading Any Other Night was an enjoyable and unpredictable experience I would certainly recommend it to fans of contemporary YA novels and I can t wait to see what else this author has to offer in the future.

This book is SO UNEXPECTEDLY AMAZING Halfway through.May stay up late tonight to finish.She s NAILED guy POV, and nailed the YA experience.LOVEOkay I stayed up late to finish.It has been so long since a book just knocked my socks off I think anyone who rated this anything lower than a 4, just didn t appreciate her use of language the way they should have This is not an ordinary YA coming of age kind of book It was a good guy, trying so hard to do the right thing, and still feeling like he was screwing it from every end I ADORED Ryan I LOVED this ending I loved this ending like I loved the ending of With or Without You.SO good, and still left a bit of room for imagination and hope.LOVEAlso books for me are so much about language I have a MILLION highlighted parts in this I can t wait for her next to be out D

This book was a pleasure to read and experience I wish I could remember how I found it, so I could properly thank the wonderful Goodreads friend who recommended it, and try to reciprocate with an equally charming book The story starts with MC Ryan so smitten with his lovely classmate Emily that he tells his life long friend Michael boys don t do bff s, sorry he ll have to drive himself to Emily s sweet sixteen party so Ryan can get there early and maybe have a chance at conversing with Emily before she gets swept up in the festivities When Michael does finally arrive, trashed with his scuzzball new friend Chase, Ryan tries to help his friend out, despite his egregious party manners, but things don t work out and Michael drives off alone Cue the music for uh oh, some bad stuff is about to happen When it does, Ryan blames himself, especially his desire to be with Emily, for Michael s death Ryan has some other issues to deal with too His parents are emotionally and physically absent, leaving Michael and his charming twin second grade sisters alone most of the time with their surrogate parent, Rosaria, the housekeeper of their Hollywood mega mansion I hope she has help, this sounds like one of those places where dusting is a full time job Academically, he s in a bit of a slump, and he gave up on tennis after Michael s earlier overdose drove an even deeper wedge between Ryan and the fam Speaking of tennis, Michael s brief encounter with Chrissie, the cute aspiring actress who works in the pro shop, has left some complications Ryan sees helping Chrissie as a way to redeem himself for failing his friend, but things get complicated As his reluctant relationship with Emily deepens he doesn t deserve to be happy, when M is dead , the conflicting commitments he s made pull him in different and demanding directions Not that many YA books like this a family drama, coming of age with romantic overtones feature a male protagonist, so that is a refreshing change It s always great, to me, to know what the guy is thinking, they are usually so opaque, and to be left wondering what is on the girl s mind Ryan is a great character, he initially comes across as a little too good to be true, but as you come to know him you begin to understand where his maturity and seriousness have come from The way the romance develops with Emily is sweet and tender, and yes, very intense The supporting characters are interesting, well developed and real feeling Emily s father, especially is quite the piece of work , and contribute to the rich immersive world the author creates Seeing Ryan find his way as he tries to do the right thing and it s not easy sometimes to figure out what that is , is touching and draws you deeply into the world of the story This is really a wonderful book, and I urge you to give yourself over to the pleasure of enjoying it Note This book has been retitled as Any Other Night, and has a new cover now You can find it here

This book was a pleasure to read and experience I wish I could remember how I found it, so I could properly thank the wonderful Goodreads friend who recommended it, and try to reciprocate with an equally charming book The story starts with MC Ryan so smitten with his lovely classmate Emily that he tells his life long friend Michael boys don t do bff s, sorry he ll have to drive himself to Emily s sweet sixteen party so Ryan can get there early and maybe have a chance at conversing with Emily before she gets swept up in the festivities When Michael does finally arrive, trashed with his scuzzball new friend Chase, Ryan tries to help his friend out, despite his egregious party manners, but things don t work out and Michael drives off alone Cue the music for uh oh, some bad stuff is about to happen When it does, Ryan blames himself, especially his desire to be with Emily, for Michael s death Ryan has some other issues to deal with too His parents are emotionally and physically absent, leaving Michael and his charming twin second grade sisters alone most of the time with their surrogate parent, Rosaria, the housekeeper of their Hollywood mega mansion I hope she has help, this sounds like one of those places where dusting is a full time job Academically, he s in a bit of a slump, and he gave up on tennis after Michael s earlier overdose drove an even deeper wedge between Ryan and the fam Speaking of tennis, Michael s brief encounter with Chrissie, the cute aspiring actress who works in the pro shop, has left some complications Ryan sees helping Chrissie as a way to redeem himself for failing his friend, but things get complicated As his reluctant relationship with Emily deepens he doesn t deserve to be happy, when M is dead , the conflicting commitments he s made pull him in different and demanding directions Not that many YA books like this a family drama, coming of age with romantic overtones feature a male protagonist, so that is a refreshing change It s always great, to me, to know what the guy is thinking, they are usually so opaque, and to be left wondering what is on the girl s mind Ryan is a great character, he initially comes across as a little too good to be true, but as you come to know him you begin to understand where his maturity and seriousness have come from The way the romance develops with Emily is sweet and tender, and yes, very intense The supporting characters are interesting, well developed and real feeling Emily s father, especially is quite the piece of work , and contribute to the rich immersive world the author creates Seeing Ryan find his way as he tries to do the right thing and it s not easy sometimes to figure out what that is , is touching and draws you deeply into the world of the story This is really a wonderful book, and I urge you to give yourself over to the pleasure of enjoying it I read this under the name Loving Emily, a couple of months ago, and Anne let me know that she s changed the title and the cover The passage of time has only confirmed my initial enthusiasm and enjoyment of this one, whatever it s called Nice new cover, btw

Any Other NightWhat is with books making me cry lately I swear this one was yet another tear jerker, at least for me it was Ryan is a good guy, I mean honest to god good guy Did I love the romance in this book Yes, I love most romance, but for once the actual story itself is what compelled me to burn through this book so quickly While this story centers mostly around Ryan and what he deals with after Michael s car crash, there are also so many teen issues explored through the course of this book.I think my favorite character in this book was Ryan I like all of the supporting characters too except for Ryan s Mother She just rubbed me the wrong way Anyway I digress Ryan s life changes in one night and everything he s ever known falls out from beneath his feet Loosing Michael did a hell of a lot damage to him then he initially realizes.The guilt he feels for his best friend s death is present through most of the story and for a good portion of the time he has no one to talk to and nowhere to go to let out all the emotions he s feeling His parents are always out, his friends don t understand and the person he counts on the most is dead.There are several great twists in this story and while I don t want to give them away I need to say that I really like how much Emily is there for Ryan She makes him feel like he s not alone The thing about Ryan s guilt though is it winds up opening so many doors for him, from Emily, to the teen center, and quite a few things in between.Ryan grows up a lot throughout the course of the story and figures out what kind of a man he is because of Michael s death The whole experience changes him I really enjoyed how this was written and it s definitely one of those stories that s worth checking out.

Ryan Mills is pretty much like any other high school junior in love with a beautiful, unattainable girl, best friends with guy who is like a brother, and no real clue about what he wants to do with his future But one thing s different his dad is an Oscar winning director, and neither of his parents are ever home Ryan therefore has a particularly difficult time dealing with the accidental death of his best friend, Michael.Then Ryan learns that Michael had a few secretsand one of them is something that will change Ryan s life drastically Ryan definitely did not dream of passing his junior year of high school in such a stressful way I must admit I was hooked on this book at the very beginning, as events moved quickly But after Michael s death, the plot rather dragged for me However, events improves towards the end, and I ended up enjoying this novel a great deal.Ryan is a truly great guy, especially for a sixteen year old He does harbor some resentment towards his parents, but after his explanation of why, I don t blame him Even though his father is a world famous director, Ryan is not a pretentious jerk After Michael s death, he blames himself and feels he has some sort of cosmic debt to pay I have a feeling that even before his best friend s death, he was still a nice kid, though.I thought that Ryan and Emily s relationship moved sort of fast, and in the end I was happy with how things were between them It felt like real life I think the author has a gift for that the whole time I was reading, I had no problems believing I was in the head of a teenage boyand all the things that entails I loved that the plot dealt with so many intense moments that the majority of teens have to go through fighting with your parents, losing your virginity, trying drugs, and much There were lots of really intense moments, but there were also some funny ones The book had a great balance.This book was about so much than dealing with the death of a lifelong friend Ryan grew a great deal throughout the course of the book, and I am truly impressed with the man he was growing into I have no doubt that he will go on to do great things, independently of his father s name.I commend the author for writing such a gripping novel, and I would be happy to read anything else released by her

Do you believe in karma Ryan does Ryan has been in love with Emily forever and he decides that the night of her sweet sixteen party will be the night he will declare his love for her Sadly his plans don t go as planned and his best friend Michael shows up at her party completely wasted What to do Ryan knew that his friend needed him but he promised to Michael and to himself that he would be away just for a few minutes while he said goodbye to the girl of his dreams but when he returned to the spot where he had left his friend he found out Michael was gone.Living with his guilt, his feelings for Emily and keeping a secret of his best friend s memory, Ryan has a lot on his plate to deal with.This book was given to me for review by the author herself and I would like to take this opportunity to thank her.I enjoyed reading Loving Emily, it was an easy and quick read and the story deals not only with grief and loss but also alcohol and drug addiction Sometimes parents don t realise what it happening to their kids until it is too late.The story is told from Ryan s point of view Ryan s character is very likable, different from most boys we read in YA, he is not that confident and experienced and that s what makes this story realistic He has a good heart and good intentions but even jealousy gets the better of him sometimes and I liked that he knew he wasn t perfect, couldn t be perfect but he would try his best to get the girl.Ryan is conflicted throughout the book, about his guilty, for what he feels for Emily, her expectations on him, his responsibility with Michael s secret but also with what he wants for himself.We have some flashbacks to Ryan and Michael s past, their friendship, their stories together and how much Michael was important to Ryan Ryan had this perception that he should act manly and never cry, but to be honest I would have liked to see Ryan crumble a little bit instead of trying to hold things together all the time.There were passages that made me smile, angry and even emotional.A lovely story with a loving title.

I failed to win this book from Goodreads, so I decided to take a look at a few free chapters from I was interested enough to give it a try.By the middle of the book, I was impressed At first, I wasn t sure about if I believed Ryan as a protagonist, but by the end, I was drawn in to his development, strength of character, and his overall journey from a typical 16 year old guy without direction to someone with goals and immense growth I was moved More than I could ever expect I loved his interactions with Chrissie, which to me I think she was probably of the female protagonist than the brief wisp of Emily.I thought the interactions with his family were dealt very well, and his grief and guilt over Michael, poignantly handled I do agree with another reviewer who mentioned that Loving Emily as a title didn t really fit with this book I m not sure what it should have been titled, but I don t think it did the book justice.My other surprising favorite relationship was that of Ryan and Jonathan Their brief conversations together really touched me, perhaps than anything else in the book.I m actually hoping that Ryan will find someone other than Emily who can match him in growth and character.I was very impressed by this book and the writing Strongly written and many times beautiful I will definitely follow this promising author s work from now on