❰Read❯ ➪ The Active-Enzyme, Lemon-Freshened Junior High School Witch Author E.W. Hildick – Dailytradenews.co.uk

The Active-Enzyme, Lemon-Freshened Junior High School Witch pdf The Active-Enzyme, Lemon-Freshened Junior High School Witch, ebook The Active-Enzyme, Lemon-Freshened Junior High School Witch, epub The Active-Enzyme, Lemon-Freshened Junior High School Witch, doc The Active-Enzyme, Lemon-Freshened Junior High School Witch, e-pub The Active-Enzyme, Lemon-Freshened Junior High School Witch, The Active-Enzyme, Lemon-Freshened Junior High School Witch c462c91f0bc Amazing E Book, The Active Enzyme, Lemon Freshened Junior High School Witch Author E.W Hildick This Is Very Good And Becomes The Main Topic To Read, The Readers Are Very Takjup And Always Take Inspiration From The Contents Of The Book The Active Enzyme, Lemon Freshened Junior High School Witch, Essay By E.W Hildick Is Now On Our Website And You Can Download It By Register What Are You Waiting For Please Read And Make A Refission For You

10 thoughts on “The Active-Enzyme, Lemon-Freshened Junior High School Witch

I guess I read this around 1980 or earlier, when I was a preteen, and something about it stuck with me I tracked it down 25 years later and read it to my wife in April of 2005 Fast forward eight years I just read it to my five year old daughter It was a little over her head, but she enjoyed it all the same.It s an interesting novel about a preteen girl who finds a how to manual on witchcraft The first three quarters of the story concerns her occultish exploits with her younger sister on summer vacation the latter part of the book takes us home to New York for some unexpected twists.What s intriguing to me is that this book was published in 1973 when the contemporary practice of witchcraft as a religion or spiritual path was still pretty underground in America There are many details that suggest the author was familiar with the lore of witches But at the same time, the narrative stays entirely within the frame of conventional realism Some events toward the end seem implausible, but that s not because of magick Witchcraft is used here as a means of exploring the character of the protagonist, and on those terms I found it remarkably effective The author captures some of the youthful yearning for transcendence.

Alison McNair wants to transcend the boredom of her family life, and manages to do so when she finds a book on witchcraft at an old vacation home Her slapdash, madcap approach to sorcery struck a deep chord in me This book is also great for anyone who has a pesky little sister who insists on tagging along, at the risk of telling mom that you re using her black velvet evening gown for pagan rituals.

Scattershot slice of life book in which a young girl, her younger sister, and her best friend try to become witches through the aid of an old book Since this was written in the 70s, don t expect Harry Potter, but think Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing.Alison is just getting over the measles, and while grounded one day she finds a book about witchcraft She tries to follow it using common household items a hair scrunchy can do for a garter in a pinch and finds an isolated garret to practice her spells Alison now Ariadne Atropos Arachne is all set on her idiosyncratic path to be a witch Of course, witchcraft manuals really don t deal with nosy little sisters, so little Jeanne now Jezebel joins in Then its one slice of life happening after another.It works pretty well for what it is, but it s sort of aimless, with no real plot to speak of The ending is a bit too contrived and pat for my liking It s also not a slapdash, hilarious face like the title would suggest It really does capture the mood of 70s kidlit as I remember it growing up decently written, naturalistic, and a little bit of debunking myths That s really nice if you are nostalgic for the era, because there s really no modern kidlit I think that pulls this kind of book off It either tries to moralize Because of Winn Dixie or tackle weighty themes bridge to Terabinthia, most modern Newberry winners This just tells a fun story.If you can, get the older edition for nostalgia value The cover is very nice, even if it s probably Alison s idea of what she would look like as Ariadne than how she really is in the book.

It s OK to read things because of the title.

I am re reading all the books I had as a kid, in an effort to donate them with less guilt I loved this book as an 8 9 year old in the mid 70 s I lived in England and the American tween life seemed so exotic This book hasn t really stood the test of time it is just ok I won t have any regrets putting this one in the donate pile.

This is the first time a book I remember fondly from childhood really failed to live up to my memories I loved this one so much in 4th grade it had a sassy heroine, real magic, with spells and incantations, and the best, longest, title EVER Reading it now, howevermeh The pacing feels off and the plot uneven 3 4 witchy, with a mystery ripped off from Rear Window tacked onto the end But most of all, the 3rd person omniscient narrator bugged me He didn t seem to like the main character very much, his opening line It s always the same with people like Alison McNair You can practically hear the eyeroll and the humor of the book seemed to consist of poking fun at her But we already know that Ariadne Atropos Arachne was the most slapdash, headlong, corner cutting, over hasty, harum scarum, hit or miss, slaphappy, trigger happy, breakneck, hell bent, hotfooted, bull rushing Beginner Witch ever to trip over a broomstick A caster of spells A hurler of them, all bundled up, hugger mugger and higgledy piggledy, was what this witch was It felt like the book was being narrated by the girls father, with a condescendingly amused attitude towards the whole thing.

The title is what really got me with this book Julie Coughlin and I were having a contest in junior high to see who could check out a new book first In those days, you signed your name right in the book next to the date due I had never seen this particular book on the library shelf before and it looked brand spanking new like only brand spanking new library books can look all smooth and shiny and pristine I thought, Wow A new book I m gonna get it before Julie I reached for it and opened it to the inside front cover On the sign out list dated 2 weeks before, was the name Julie Coughlin Julie, wherever you are, thanks for keeping me reading I remember I loved the story, but I can t remember the details now Re reading this will be a lovely re discovery for me I hope.

I saw this once in a school library, and meant to read it, but then could never find it again until decades later, something I blame at least partially on the overly complicated title.Because of that, perhaps I should not be surprised that the inside of the book contains an overabundance of adjectives as well A limit of one per sentence would probably shorten the book by a few pages That is something I would have had patience with back when I first saw it.For all that, it was a pretty interesting read and I found the chapter on the Dumb Supper pretty moving because I am susceptible to cats The ending piles on the coincidences pretty thick, except they aren t supposed to be coincidences, I guess, but for the intended audience it s probably reasonable.

This was one of my favorite books as a kid For some reason, the title popped into my head this morning, so I popped in to GoodReads to add it to my shelves If you have children or enjoy reading children s books definitely add this to your list.

i am trying to figure out why i saved this book all these years it wasn t very good i didn t read it than once, the spine was barely broken but it takes place in what is likely north salem, so maybe that s why not really worth re reading though