➪ [Ebook] ➥ Roanoke: The Lost Colony (Keepers of the Ring, #1) By Angela Elwell Hunt ➵ – Dailytradenews.co.uk

Roanoke: The Lost Colony (Keepers of the Ring, #1) pdf Roanoke: The Lost Colony (Keepers of the Ring, #1), ebook Roanoke: The Lost Colony (Keepers of the Ring, #1), epub Roanoke: The Lost Colony (Keepers of the Ring, #1), doc Roanoke: The Lost Colony (Keepers of the Ring, #1), e-pub Roanoke: The Lost Colony (Keepers of the Ring, #1), Roanoke: The Lost Colony (Keepers of the Ring, #1) 5a568a3b57d Series Premiere Special Price Roanoke The Lost Colony Recounts The Life Of Jocelyn Colman, Whose Faith Is Tested And Refined When She Follows The Husband She Barely Knows To An Unexplored Land Jocelyn Struggles With Her Husband S Bitterness And Guilt Until God S Forgiveness Becomes A Lifesaving Reality

10 thoughts on “Roanoke: The Lost Colony (Keepers of the Ring, #1)

I really wanted this to be an epic saga that drew me in and became a new favorite series butsadly, it fell far below expectations Though I enjoyed the beginning of the story, I was glad to finish it by the end The pace is very, VERY slowexcept when randomly 8 years go by The characters were enjoyable in the beginning but by page 200 or so, you re thinking oh my gosh300 pages like this But you keep reading because surely it will get betterright spoiler alert WRONG Thomas becomes a crazy person I mean, I was glad that in the end Thomas and Jocelyn are FINALLY happybut it was for like 5 minutes before the end of the book I felt seriously jipped.

Find this and other reviews at knew the history of Roanoke prior to purchasing Angela Elwell Hunt s Roanoke The Lost Colony, but my interest in the novel didn t begin with its subject matter Truth be told, I stumbled over the book because I wanted to read one of its sequels Unfortunately, the jacket description on Charles Town led me to believe the Keepers of the Ring series built on one another so rather than breaking sequence and jumping in at book five, I redirected my attention to book one I ll grant it s not the most auspicious start, but I ve opened books on a lot less so let s not get caught up on the details Roanoke The Lost Colony actually has a few things going for it and while certain elements of novel left me wanting, there was enough going on to hold my interest and satisfy my famously particular tastes Fair warning to all, the religious aspects of the novel are not subtle, but I felt Hunt s themes blended well with the historic details of her fiction I know I m in the minority when I say this, but I enjoy this kind of balance and am always impressed with writers who take the time and care to create it Hunt obviously put a lot into researching the colony, but she put equal thought into integrating her message of faith into the material and I truly appreciated how to two complement one another as the story progressed I felt Jocelyn a likable heroine, and I appreciate much in both Audrey and Rowtag, but like many other reviewers, I struggled to appreciate Thomas His views are rather extreme and while I ve no problem with difficult characters, I felt his arc awkward and forced I greatly enjoyed his entry and introduction, but his personality fractures and takes a seemingly unnatural tangent In looking back at the book, I have to admit his character confused me and even now, I m not entirely sure what Hunt was trying to accomplish with his role I found the pacing tedious, but became addicted to the authenticity and harsh descriptions of Hunt s narrative Christian fiction is usually positive and upbeat, but Roanoke The Lost Colony is decidedly bittersweet Hunt allowed history to shape this story and while I recognize how disappointing that is for some readers, I personally respected the author for her adherence to the historic record As a family saga, I can t say the Keepers of the Ring series has much on Jack Cavanaugh s American Family Portrait, but I enjoyed the time I spent with piece and look forward to tackling additional installments in the near future.

I was quite gripped by thisI had never heard of the historical mystery of Roanoke and was quite fascinated with the premise and wondered how the author would resolve it which she did satisfactorily There is brutality in this which was no doubt reflective of the times but I do not enjoy reading such descriptions so although I overall liked this I don t want to read the next one.

I remember reading about the lost colony first in 5th grade VA I always hoped the Indians took them into their tribes.I did not like the preacher and some of the colonists were as bad as the Powhatan Tribe What an existence the colonists led, always looking for White to come back with supplies It took very stong people do endure what they did to survive.I am now hooked on this series.

Absoltely gut wrenching Ordinarily, I cannot read sad books And sad is an understatement for this book But I just could not put this book down Some parts were absolutely horrifying, but I m thankful for having read them It really gave me a deeper gratefulness for what sacrifices were made so that I could now live in this country I m just in awe I really loved Jocelyn s character Her virtue She was quite amazing, but believable I found myself so frustrated with Thomas, but I think his character was an excellent example of the damages of a proud, hard, legalistic heart This book was just really a great read I d definitely recommend it.

One of my favorite books I love historical fiction, and this has strong Christian themes I think I cried during each book of this series.

It left me intrigued and wondering so I simply must continue on to read Jamestown, the second book in this series However, I will say that Roanoke The Lost Colony wasn t without multiple frustrations First off, the main characters die in the end That usually ruins a book for me but seeing how the daughter miraculously escapes I don t know, it was tolerable this time.Ugh, Thomas was infuriating His view of God, of his family, of the Indians made me want to scream, Stop, stop You re ruining your life and everyone else s with yours He was so wrong, and it frustrated me as he hurt not only himself, but multitudes of others.Anyway, this was an interesting rendition of the mysterious tale, or lack of, of the colony on Roanoke which disappeared But as I said, my interest is piqued, and I think I need to read the continuing story no matter how agonizing and brutal Roanoke The Lost Colony was I will say, despite the deaths of the main characters in the end, it did have happiness.

This book made my heart soar with joy and then broke it with searing pain and loss so many times I loved this story The characters were very realistic I loved the author s faithfulness to the the facts we do have in history of The Lost Colony Can t wait to read the others in this series

The majority of this book was very slow and the characters not very appealing While interesting from a historical perspective, I found the main character of the minister annoying and repetitive The last third of the book the pace picked up but overall it was not a favorite.

Phew I m glad this book is done This was an interesting read, and clearly the author tried to be historically accurate, with license enough to make it a fiction book rather than a textbook Although at times it did read like a history book, for the most part the author did a good job of making it a story.My problem was the lengthy drawn out drama between Jocelyn and her husband, Thomas Most of that was fiction, but it was just too much Thomas was a preacher, a very legalistic preacher, bent on rules, and hell fire for those who break the rules He married Jocelyn on the way to America in the 1500 s and for 20 years no really, 20 years he withheld his affections I know, I know, I m giving some of the story away, but sooooooooo much of the book was about that, and his idiotic thoughts about appearing to be pure before the congregation And by pure, you gather what I mean Ugh It was too long and protracted, and down right boring I kept wishing the author would get on with it already.The saving grace was all the little plots that were happening around that couple Far interesting But his preaching, his rules, his distorted view of a marriage relationship with a demanding, punishing GodI grew weary.This was a colony the people were supposed to be setting up for Sir Walter Raleigh in Virginia Not being farmers in England, their first year was pretty bad, so their leader set out back to England for further provisions and colonists So the colonists in Virginia waited and waited for their return In the mean time they did what they could to survive, including making friends with a tribe of Indians This saved them for years to come Plus they brought the gospel to them.Would I recommend it I m not sure Probably not But some of it was quite interesting on the historical front.