❮PDF❯ ✪ The Forgotten Garden Author Kate Morton – Dailytradenews.co.uk

The Forgotten Garden chapter 1 The Forgotten Garden, meaning The Forgotten Garden, genre The Forgotten Garden, book cover The Forgotten Garden, flies The Forgotten Garden, The Forgotten Garden a9cc5a79c9b4e Uma Crian A Perdida Em Uma Crian A Encontrada S , Num Barco Que Se Dirigia Austr Lia Uma Mulher Misteriosa Prometera Tomar Conta Dela, Mas Desapareceu Sem Deixar RastoUm Terr Vel Segredo No Seu Anivers Rio, Nell Andrews Descobre Algo Que Mudar A Sua Vida Para Sempre D Cadas Depois, Embarca Em Busca Da Verdade, Numa Demanda Que A Conduz At Costa Da Cornualha E Bela E Misteriosa Mans O BlackhurstUma Heran A Misteriosa Aquando Do Falecimento De Nell, A Neta, Cassandra, Depara Se Com Uma Heran A Surpreendente A Casa Da Fal Sia E O Seu Jardim Abandonado S O Famosos Nas Redondezas Pelos Segredos Que Ocultam Segredos Sobre A Fam Lia Mountrachet E A Sua Governanta, Eliza Makepeace, Uma Escritora De Obscuros Contos De Fadas Aqui Que Cassandra Ir Por Fim Desvelar A Verdade Sobre A Fam Lia E Resolver O Mist Rio De Uma Pequena Crian A Perdida

10 thoughts on “The Forgotten Garden

Kat looks at The Forgotten Garden Kat looks at the beckoning stack of other books to read Kat looks back at the first 33 pages of The Forgotten Garden Kat groans So basically there s this woman Let s call her Stupidhead because I couldn t care enough to remember her name She finds out on her 21st birthday party that her loving, adoring family is not her biological family They found her as a very small child and cared enough to take her in and give her a wonderful home full of people who loved and adored her.So she breaks up with her perfect fiancee, marries an asshole, has a child, is a terrible mother, distances herself from everyone who ever loved her, screws up her child s life so that her child screws up HER daughters lifeThen I didn t read on I didn t read on because this book is based on an idiot, and I have a short fuse when it comes to idiots Let s just say that I don t suffer them lightly.I m sure that this book, if I read further, might turn out to be a fantastic and beautifully touching story with a great mystery that it s currently hinting at like a half dressed male stripper with sad eyes and a g string whose elastic is so flexible it no longer snaps However, right now it s just a jumpy, painfully boring mess I know it s probably realistic, after all there s plenty of idiots in the world However, since I have so many life sized idiots on call whenever I need them, I don t feel I have to read a book about them.Life is too short.

5 stars to Kate Morton s The Forgotten Garden The plot is mesmerizing and the story telling of the grandmother and the granddaughter is unparalleled Morton jumps from time period to time period, country to country, character to character in a flawless manner The imagery is astounding The relationships are well planned Morton keeps you guessing as to how it s all connected with the garden up front and center the whole way through the ride Thoroughly enjoyed the journey this book takes you on I am very happy with the ending

Aussie author Kate Morton deftly managed to push nearly every one of my reading buttons with her lovely book, The Forgotten Garden 1 Not so young woman with a haunted past check2 Not so fairy Grandmother who bequeaths said woman an old house with a mysterious history check3 Said old, mysterious house is actually a cottage on the wild Cornish coast, complete with a hidden garden, a handsome neighbor, and the faintest suggestion of the supernatural check4 Said woman embarks on a quest to uncover her family secrets and heal thyself game, set, matchEach chapter of The Forgotten Garden is told through the voices of 3 women Eliza, Nell and Cassandra, and covers several different time periods throughout the 20th and early 21st century We get to know Eliza, Nell and Cassandra intimately, and through them other characters who play a large part in the unfolding story Rose, Nathaniel, Adeline, and Linus Not a book to put down for a few days and pick back up later, The Forgotten Garden needs to be savored in long stretches so that the reader can fully connect to each character and their backstory The continually jumping characters and time periods can get confusing and distracting at times , which prevents me from rating this story with a solid 5 stars Otherwise, this tale is tailor made for my reading tastes, with sentences, like the following, that speak to me She unlocked the front door and went inside The house seemed to be listening, waiting to see what she would do She ran her hand lightly along the inside wall My house, she said softly, This is my house The words pressed dully into the walls How strange it was, how unexpected She wandered through the kitchen, past the spinning wheel and into the little sitting room at the very front The house felt different now that she was alone Familiar somehow, like a place she d visited long ago Simple and comforting My kind of book.

While this is ostensibly a novel of secrets spanning four generations, most of the secrets are fairly obvious I kept waiting for the blow to fall murder incest buried treasure Alas, no The narration shifts among different but related storylines, all of which, to be fair, I found intriguing in 1913 a child who can t remember her name turns up on an Australian dock carrying a book of fairy tales in 2005 her granddaughter tries to uncover the mysteries of a hidden garden in Cornwall in Victorian England a wealthy young woman flees her family only to have her orphaned daughter found and taken back to them In each case I wanted to find out the whole story, but I figured they d tie together with punch Where were the dark secrets within a secret Where were the gasp aloud revelations I know we re not always going to get Darth Vader breathing, I am your father but a few big shockers would have been nice Maybe if the novel were presented a bit differently as a family saga, not some mysterious tale then I wouldn t have been disappointed It s really a story of several women and the far reaching effects their decisions have on their own and each other s lives Woven throughout are fairy tales by the mysterious Authoress it s hard to miss their thematic, at times allegorical, significance They connect the generations through themes of foundlings, sacrifice, and the dangers of wanting what you can t have If you like fairy tales, this would be a plus, but I could have done without them.Kate Morton is a bit heavy handed in her characterizations, and, as with The House at Riverton, there s a bizarrely devoted sister like relationship that involves extreme self sacrifice in one of the parties and oblivious selfishness in the other While many relationships are like this for instance, I am self sacrificing and my siblings are oblivious , they re not fun to read about And with only one exception, the really nefarious characters they re like villains out of a Dickens novel but without the flair sort of fade away I wanted the satisfaction of seeing them fall off a cliff and get eaten by sharks, or be impaled on pointy fence railings, not just die lonely or disappear from the story I would have liked less background description and resolution.

God Bless A Milk Cow Once again, most of my friends on GR loved this book to death I m going to quit picking books my friends love to death I have had this book for a year or I got it from the used bookstore for 1.00 I love the cover, I loved the summary and I thought I would love the book Now, don t get me wrong I liked the book, it just didn t take me there, wherever it took everyone else Actually, there are 2 or 3 friends that almost everything they love, I will only like or not like at all so I should have known This is a big ole book to get through I was so intrigued in the beginning to find out what really happened to Nell Why was she on that boat all by herself and not being able to remember everything This book is wrapped in mysteries that includes many people and spans many years Cassandra is in the current time and she has lived with her grandmother, Nell since she was little Cassandra s mom wasn t a good woman Nell, had a wonderful life until her father tells her a secret when she turned 21 I think it was 21 and she got all mad and left everyone and dropped everything Sigh She got with some idiot and did a few idiot things and had an idiot daughter BUT If she hadn t done these things she would never have had Cassandra as a granddaughter and Cassandra was a good person Nell and Cassandra run an antique shop together After Nell s passing, Cassandra s finds all kinds of secrets and is determined to get to the bottom of things This brings Cassandra to England and a house that Nell had bought Cassandra learns so many things about Nell s past It s not a simple one to find out but it s a pretty sad story none the less There are a few different characters in the story, two prominent ones being Eliza and Rose Like I said, it s a sad story I do like something Cassandra found while she was getting the home fixed up in England You just never know I m glad nine million and four people loved this book to death MY BLOG Melissa Martin s Reading List

Sometimes when people keep recommending a book, you should listen and read that book The Forgotten Garden is such a book You finally read it and end up wondering why in the world you waited so long Kate Morton provides the intricate layering of different times and places in a masterful manner, gifting the reader with a story that captures the imagination and heart completely Nell, as the lost child, is the pivotal character around which all mysteries and actions revolve A tale that begins in England and travels across the many miles to Australia, comes home again to England to undo over a hundred years of secrets Like the entwining vines of the garden, the story twists and turns, making the path seem impassable, but tenacity is rewarded with clarity.

Oh, this was such a delight to read I didn t think a story about a family mystery could be so entertaining throughout, while still staying realistic and not going too over the top.Kate Morton just has the absolute best writing style for stories of this kind She has a way of completely trapping you in the story she s telling, so that you lose yourself in it and just can t find a way out And that s something highly positive This is only the second book of hers I ve read, but I m already certain I d have a wonderful time just reading her grocery list.This novel consists of over 50 chapters, each one of them told from a different point of view and taking place in a different time period Sound like it s going to be confusing, right Well, Mrs Morton did her magic once again, and managed to not be confusing at all I have no idea how she did it, but I was always able to picture everything that happened perfectly and each character had a distinctive voice, which made it easy to tell them apart.If I had to describe the plot in one word, I d use magical It had so many layers, all very well thought out and interesting There are many little details that get mentioned throughout Some might call those details unnecessary, redundant or too elaborate, but as someone who loves long books with attention to minor things, it was an absolute joy to read such a fine work.I have to say, I was quite surprised at some of the dark themes that played a part This especially concerns the ending, I really didn t expect this revelation It was surprisingly fitting though, and I m glad the author didn t shy away from going down this route.Lastly, I also feel the need to express my appreciation of the included fairy tales by Eliza Makepeace I d love to read of them they gave me a really comfy, warm and fuzzy feeling and reminded me of my childhood Just lovely

I thoroughly enjoyed this book It is an easy read, and yet gave me room to pause as I stopped to think I like books that let me do that without pounding me into a pulp on the way I suspect the book might appeal to women then men and it would be a good choice of several of the reading circles I know My only regret that Eliza s book of fairy tales isn t a real book.Things I like knowing before I buy a book No profanity that I noticed Respectful story specific reference to sex Emotional issues dealt with tastefully and healthily I will read by this author.

The Forgotten Garden is a multi generational mystery that reveals itself bit by haunting bit, featuring three women Eliza, born in the late 1800s, who is born into poverty in London Eliza s mother was a young woman who had run away from her upper crust home, for reasons that become clear later in the story, but she is found and pulled back into her wealthy family s embrace or maybe it s their tentacles Nell, born in 1909, who is found sitting on her suitcase on an Australian ship dock in 1913, adamantly refusing to say where she came from or even what her name is Eventually she begins searching for her roots in England Cassandra, Nell s Australian granddaughter, who takes up the search in England after Nell dies.The storyline skips back and forth in time and from person to person and also tosses in a few other characters POVs here and there for good measure, which might irk you if you prefer a linear plotline with a single POV But the concerns of these characters and the themes of this book like identity, finding oneself, family connections, desires are so closely tied together that I didn t feel confused once I got to know the characters.Eliza is an author of mystical and sometimes dark fairy tales, with lovely sketched illustrations by another character I really wanted to see these illustrations I imagine them as something like an Arthur Rackham illustration Some of Eliza s stories find their way into the text of this book, and their symbolism and autobiographical qualities help to unravel the mystery of Eliza s life and how it connects to Nell s and Cassandra s Toward the end I was able to guess the main mysteries of the book, but at least they didn t come out of left field.There are some nasty and disturbed characters in this book and a few really ill advised decisions made by characters who are otherwise likeable, so it s not all rainbows and unicorns here In the end it s a bittersweet but hopeful story, and overall I enjoyed the book.

If you are looking for a good story to escape into for a while, look no further The Forgotten Garden weaves a tangled tale of family secrets, kept hidden for generations Kate Morton does an excellent job of creating mystery and intrigue that spans generations as one woman searches for her true identity and finds her family in an unexpected place along the way Good Stuff